The Legacy of an Adopted Child

Once there where two womenWho never knew each other
One you do not remember,The other you call Mother
Two different lives shaped to make yours one;
One became your guilding star,
The other became your sun.
The first gave you Life,
The second taught you to live in it
The first gave you a need for love,
The second was there to give it
One gave you a nationality,
The other gave you a name
One gave youthe seed of talent,
The other gave you aim.
One gave you emotions,
The other calmed your fears.
One saw your first sweet smile,
The other dried your tears.
One gave you up,It was all that she could do
The other prayed for a child.And god led her straight to you
And now you ask me through your tears,
The age old question through the years;
Heredity or environment....which are you the product of?
Neither,my darling, neither;
Just two different kinds of love.

About Me

My photo
I am an adoptive mother of 2. I was diagnosed with uterine cancer at 26 and after battling for 5 years was unable to have my own biological children. Through blessings and fate my children found me.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Blessings in Disguise

I never thought that I wasn't suppose to have a child of my own. I never thought that I would be told that I can't. But I also never thought that I had a different purpose in life. Something more powerful than I could ever imagine. I once was asked.. if you didn't have cancer.. would you have considered adopting? I might have, but the opportunities I was blessed with would have never came to me. I was told.. God knew you were to have the 2 children that you have... and he wanted you to get the point.... so... I didn't have my own children.. my children found me. They are a blessing. I can't imagine a greater love and joy than they bring to my life. Through many challenges and my heart aches.. we have two incredible children that are as much my own as anyone who bares a child. They look like us, they act like us... they are the spirits of the children that we would have had if they were biologically ours. I have no doubt in that.

No comments: